Spooky Town Update

I am finally hitting the home stretch on my "Spooky Town Zoomed-In" painting. I have added the lady-witch character but before I did that, I did a sketch of lady-witch in my small Canson Mixed Media journal.  I was a little nervous about sketching her directly onto the canvas freehand so I thought it would be a good idea to do her in my book first and get a confidence level for drawing her.  Then I drew her directly onto the canvas . . . . .   UGH,   NO :-(

I didn't.  I traced what I drew in my sketchbook because I loved it and transferred it onto my canvas via a bit of graphite powder from my sharpener that I use to sharpen the leads in my graphite stick holder.  It holds 2-3mm thick sticks of graphite or whatever you want to put in it I guess??  Anyway, I'm getting off on a tangent, sorry :-)
Anyway, I did this 7"x10" painting in acrylic in my sketchbook and then used my traced copy to transfer the drawing to my canvas and paint her there as well.  I also used the smaller painting in my book to work out some color and value ideas and issues that came about as I went along.  It was really fun actually and I feel myself becoming more and more inspired the more I try Cinnamon's techniques and paint some of her designs that I feel inspired by.  So Hey, why don't you get a canvas and brushes at your local WalMart and some System 3 Daler Rowney paint as well why you are getting some milk and diapers or whatever and give painting some of this stuff a go?  It's HUGE FUN!!!  I just know you'll love it.  
Hope you enjoy the pics and look for me on TheArtSherpa.com and on YouTube!

"Lady-witch" painting by Reeah.
Design - Cinnamon Cooney The Art Sherpa
"Spooky Town Zoomed-In" painting by Reeah.
Design - Cinnamon Cooney The Art Sherpa

"Spooky Town Zoomed-In" In miniature size!
Painting by Reeah.
Design - Cinnamon Cooney The Art Sherpa 
AS ALWAYS,
Go out and do something Creative today!  You won't be sorry, I promise!  :-)
Big Hugs!!
Reeah.

P.S.
Links to Cinnamon & John's new online presence!!!
Links to The Art Sherpa on YouTube!!!
Poison Flowers!!!
*****  Please always give credit where credit is due  *****





Comments

Most Popular Posts Within The Last Year