Check out Watercolor Workshop on You Tube!

I have come across an exciting and educational set of tutorial paintings in watercolor on You Tube by Steven Cronin. I took a stab at following along with one of the videos.  They are just wonderful!  I didn't have any watercolor paper left since it's time for an art store run however, I used one of my panels and gave it a try anyway.  Well it didn't come out half bad for a first try.  He uses only a Hake and a #3 rigger and works magic with them.  So, although I didn't have the Hake or the right paper, here is what I came up with.  I will do another after I get the right stuff to work with.  Then we will compare. I had to take a photo of it because it's too large for the scanner.  So, the first one has the flash off and the second one is with the flash on.  Wow! what a difference.  The true to life view is the second one. Hope you like them and please take a look at the videos on You Tube. Here are the links to parts 1 & 2 of the painting tutorial I watched while doing this painting:

 You will learn a lot!!  There are plenty of videos to choose from.  I know I am going to paint some more.  I will be sure to post what I paint as well.   Keep Painting & Drawing because practice will give you amazing results!!              See you soon, Maria :-)

Comments

Most Popular Posts Within The Last Year