#GivingTuesday - I Didn't Even Know It Was Giving Tuesday . . .

Yesterday.  I had no idea there was any such thing as #GivingTuesday until I read Joanne Fink's post on her Zenspirations Blog.  I know the Jennifer McGuire does a "Thankfulness" thing every year on her blog that I really enjoy but I didn't know there was a "DAY".  Anyway, it was actually Monday evening and I was standing in my favorite Pizza Place where I go every Monday before Monday Night Raw comes on, to pick up our extra-large plain cheese.  Shout out to Anthony's Pizza in Simpsonville, SC!!!!

     Anyway, I was waiting for the girl at the register to finish with the family in front of me, so that I could pay for and pick up my pizza.  It was a Mom with 5 children that ranged from about age 4-5 to the oldest who looked to be about 14 or 15.  They were all nicely dressed and EXTREMELY well behaved.  Mom was trying to figure out what each child wanted to eat and place the order without breaking her wallet, it took a while :-)  It was ok though and I patiently waited while she figured it all out but I remember thinking to myself . . .   wow, she must be an awesome mom.  None of the kids are acting out, getting into anything (like trouble) or being the slightest bit ungrateful!  Just when I thought the Mom had figured out dinner for all the kids and she appeared to be all done, both the Mom and the waitress realized that the Mother had not ordered anything for herself to eat!  She was so worried about having enough money to feed each of the kids, she had forgotten all about herself.  They both laughed and I joined in.
I had $20 in my wallet that I had stashed for "whatever".  I immediately knew what my "whatever" was going to be.

     While Mom was deciding how she would now afford a meal for herself on top of all five children, I was trying to figure out how to give her my "stash" without offending her.  So I slipped a $20 bill to the waitress at the register while Mom wasn't looking, and told her to take it off Mom's order.  It was obvious she really couldn't afford to spend the money on the meal in the first place but was doing it because her children deserved it and I agreed. These were some of the best behaved children I had ever seen!  So, it finally came to a total and with my help it was cut almost in half.  She was over the moon and didn't know what to say when the girl told her why it wasn't the amount she was expecting. She couldn't say thank you enough and had a tear in her eye. So with one in mine as well, I told her she was very welcome and that I thought she deserved it.  I also wished her a Merry Christmas and then I took my pizza and left.

     Nothing in this world has made me feel the overwhelming joy I felt as I left the pizza place.  I have thought about her on and off each day since and so I'm writing this blog post to let all of you know .  .  .

  'Tis the Season of Giving!!!
AND NOT JUST ON TUESDAY,   LOL!!!!   :-)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!

NO MATTER WHAT YOU CELEBRATE MAY IT BE JOYOUS
AND FILLED WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS!!!

As always, go out and be creative today . . .  you won't regret it, I promise!
BIG HUGS!!
Reeah.

Comments

Most Popular Posts Within The Last Year